Having a good pen is a pleasure, and so many pens write badly, leave blotches, feel uncomfortable, or are just annoying. It’s important to get a tool that works well for you – so what is the best rollerball pen?
To some degree, personal preference will affect the answer, but there are some great rollerball pens out there – including the Parker Sonnet Rollerball Pen, the Cross Bailey Medalist Rollerball Pen, and the Waterman Expert Rollerball Pen.
Some people will write with any pen that they can find, but if you spend any significant amount of time taking notes or even if you just love writing, it’s important to get a pen that really works for you.
So, let’s delve a bit further into the question, what is the best Rollerball Pen?
Table of Contents
The Waterman Expert Rollerball Pen
Waterman is known for its great name when it comes to stationery, and it doesn’t disappoint in this amazing rollerball. You again can choose from multiple colors, including black with gold trim, stainless steel with gold trim, dark red with chrome trim, and more.
The pen is stainless steel with 23 karat gold, and it looks stunning in its plush box. It is super comfortable to write with and has the brand name embellished across it as a reminder of its quality.
You can get the pen engraved for an extra fee, making it a particularly nice gift option, and again, you have the choice between blue or black ink. The pen has a high-quality feel and a classic look that is both modern and timeless – making it perfect for anyone.
This is my go-to rollerball pen. You can read my full review of the Waterman Expert here.
- Expert Black with golden trim, Fine tip, Black ink, Gift box
- Generous silhouette for premium, executive styling and supreme comfort when writing
- Sophisticated gloss black lacquered body, gleaming 23-karat golden trim and clip, and broad ring embellished with the...
- Skilfully constructed rollerball nib unites the tradition of liquid ink with ultimate comfort and convenience
- Meticulously crafted in France to enhance your signature style
The Parker Sonnet Rollerball Pen
If you’re looking for a work of art in a box, the Parker Sonnet Rollerball Pen is an ideal option. It’s made with high-quality materials, utilizing a stainless steel cap and a very fine stainless steel tip.
It comes in a range of different colors, so you can choose whichever suits you best, including red and gold, matte black and chrome, or black lacquer with palladium trim.
The pen comes with a handy box that allows you to store the ink refills underneath, keeping them out of the way and beautifully tidy, yet handy. A soft strap holds the pen in place so it is always exactly where you need it.
Because it uses cartridges, you can choose between blue and black ink, selecting whichever is most useful in your situation. All in all, this pen represents elegance and beauty in one small, slender package. Given the quality of the materials, they should also last well.
- Stainless steel cap and barrel and palladium-finished clip and trim
- Rollerball design with fine stainless steel tip
- Hand assembled and checked for flawless quality
- Available in a range of beautiful designs and finishes
- Packaged in a PARKER premium gift box (Ink is in the box beneath the pen)
The Cross Bailey Medalist Rollerball Pen
If you’d like a pair, this Cross Pen Set is gorgeous, and the rollerball contained within it will not disappoint. It can be engraved to personalize it so you’ll never lose it when your friend borrows it, and although it doesn’t have color options, it’s certainly stylish and elegant.
The mechanics of these pens have a lifetime guarantee, which is a nice touch that reinforces the quality of the workmanship that has gone into creating the pen.
The barrels of the pens are chrome, while the appointments are gold-plated and stand out in bright, luxurious color against the silver. With a well-balanced profile and a beautiful box, you know these pens are going to be nice – and they are a dream to write with. If you want class in a box, these pens are for you.
- Cross Ballpoint and Rollerball Pen Set: One twist-action 1.0mm black ink ballpoint and one medium water-based ink...
- Get Your Gift On Time: Engraving shows up a brass color. We engrave both pens the same.
- Personalized Pen Set with Custom Engraving: Engrave a name or message up to 25 characters long on each pen. Choose from...
- Guaranteed Mechanical Reliability for a Lifetime: All AT Cross pens come standard with a Lifetime Mechanical Warranty,...
- Luxury Pens Make a Great Personalized Gift: Comes in a Cross gift box, a great personalized gift for an award,...
The Cross ATX Brushed Black PVD Select Tip Rollerball Pen
Another great option is the Cross ATX Translucent Blue. In spite of the name, it’s available in multiple colors, but the blue has a great classic look.
You can also pick black, rose gold, chrome, and more. Many continue the diamond pattern that gives the pen a textured, attractive aesthetic, but the blue and chrome options don’t. This pen’s box also has an air of modernity to it, with striking orange on black, and it comes with a black gel ink rollerball refill so you don’t need to worry about buying a cartridge immediately.
Perhaps the best thing about this pen, however, is the ability to change the tip so you can enjoy having a Gel Rolling Ball, a Jumbo Ballpoint, or a Porous-Point – making them ideal for use no matter what the occasion.
The pen is elegant and hard-wearing, and should last you for years. It writes beautifully, with no smudging or blobs, and the pen looks great whether or not you get it engraved.
- Streamlined Contemporary Silhouette
- Unique fashionable clip
- Bold, balanced & beautiful
The Montblanc Meisterstuck Black Rollerball Pen
Montblanc pens are some of the most expensive pens you can buy in the world. They provide expert craftmanship and have a loyal following. If you like your pen to feel a little weightier and you don’t care about the color, the Montblanc Meisterstuck Black Rollerball Pen’s style might appeal. This pen is all about simplicity, with a black band laced with plates gold, and a white star on the cap.
It’s super high quality, with refills that last even when you write a lot, and you can be sure it won’t wear out or break in a hurry. It’s made of resin, rather than stainless steel, which may raise some concerns about its durability, but overall, it’s great.
It is quite a lot heavier than some of the other pens on this list, however, so you’ll have to think about whether that works for you. Some people prefer a pen with plenty of weight as it helps them to write, but others find that it causes fatigue in the wrist and fingers. This pen is a bit chunkier, so decide whether that’s appealing before purchasing.
- Genuine Mont blanc with Floating star on cap
- Rollerball refills with stainless tip are avalible in black, blue, green, red
- Made in Germany
All in all, there are some amazing options out there, and no matter what your preferences are, you should be able to find one that feels like the best rollerball pen to you. Don’t underestimate the importance of a great pen, especially if you spend a lot of time writing.
Most of these pens can be engraved and come in beautiful boxes, so they make lovely gifts for a graduation or landmark birthday.